Waitemata District Health Board
Expression of Interest - Maori and Pacific
Health Care Assistants Development Programme
The Director of Nursing and Midwifery Jos Peach is delighted to invite ten reliable, caring Maori and Pacific people to come and train for free on the full time four week Waitemata DHB Health Care Assistant Development programme!
If you are Maori or Pacific, It's a great way to start a career in health. Healthcare experience or qualifications are not necessary. We are looking for the following personal qualities:
- Honesty and reliability. This is an extremely important quality and we will be testing reliability throughout the whole selection process.
- Must be Maori or Pacific.
- Proactivity. Those who follow up, do what they say they will do, and double check that things are done properly.
- Flexibility. Able to work up to 40 hours per week and you MUST be able to work on any shift on any day including weekends. Shift times are 7am-3:30pm, 2:30 pm-11pm, 10:45pm-7:15am.
- A caring, positive and warm personality with a genuine interest in helping others.
- A team player and a good learner in both practical and theory lessons
- Be able to carry things and lift things, reasonable physical fitness as the HCA role requires someone to cope with 8 hours of working on their feet.
- No previous criminal convictions
- Clean and smart personal presentation.
- Lives locally to either Waitakere or North Shore Hospitals- although you will be required to go to both sites during the course so you must have reliable means of transport.
PLEASE NOTE: There is no guarantee of employment, but you will receive excellent support to apply for vacancies.
Click here to see the programme structure.
Should you have any problems accessing or uploading your CV and cover letter please call Vanessa Duthie - Māori Workforce Development Consultant who can support and guide you through the process (09) 486 8920 Ext 7201
To be considered for this course Please apply directly on line at www.wdhbcareers.com quoting reference number NOR01545.
Please note you must be available to attend a meet and greet day on Monday 21st August at 11:00 am, and must be able to commit to start training for four weeks Monday-Friday, starting Monday 28th August.
Closing Date: Thursday 17th August 2017
Job Number: NOR01545